Today was Stinka's first day back to school. It was a flood of emotions, but mostly the overwhelming... MOVE FASTER!! WE'RE LATE! But seriously, I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about child care any more, but sad because I won't see her as much.
We had a pretty eventful summer. After Stinka's surgery, Hubby's dad came to stay with us for a week and a half. They got to go deep sea fishing, and we all went to the zoo. About two weeks after that, Hubby and Stinka got to go to NYC to visit some family, and I got to work and watch the animals (lucky me!).
July was a pretty calm month for us. We stayed local for July 4th, and though I had to work during the day, Hubby, Stinka, and the neighbors met up with me after work to watch the fireworks over the river. They did a few test fireworks, and we saying, "Yay! Wasn't that an awesome show?" Stinka wasn't buying it though and when it came time for the real deal, she said, "WOW! It's JUST like the movies!!!" I keept forgetting that even at 8 years old, there are still routine things that are new for her. She loved it! July 17th we got the all clear from neurosurgery that she was doing fine. She got to take some more x-rays for that visit to check on the placement of the titanium mesh and screws to make sure everything stayed in place and was healing well. We spent that month focusing on tutoring. She also began learning how to swim. She loves being in the water. Stinka and I also got special mommy/daughter bonding time. Now that her head "is fixed," she is finally able to run and play like a typical kid. We started going to "the big park" and running together. Stinka can now do the nearly 2 mile loop in about 26 minutes. She loves exercising together.
We started August off by flying to my home state on the 1st. I got to spend a week with Stinka in my hometown, then I flew back by myself and Stinka stayed with Babushka and the cousins for 9 days by herself. We were able to Skype a few times and talk on the phone, but she did great! While she was in my home town, she was extremely spoiled by my mother (Babushka), my sister and her family, and pretty much everyone else that knows me in that RinkyDink town of 3,000. She got to check out the town's firetrucks, check out some pretty sweet Air Ambulance helicopters, go to the pool several times with her cousins (aged 5 and 6), go bowling, and eat dessert at every meal! She came back with new clothes and new shoes even though I told them not to buy anything, because she wears a uniform at school... Oh well! What can I say, she's loved!! She flew back with Babushka a week before school started. They came home in time to celebrate my big promotion at work with us and our friends. This week it was all back to business. Monday we bought school supplies, and yesterday was the big back to school picnic. Today was her first day back to school :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated.