It feels liberating! Blogging again, that is. When I started this journey, I had no idea the places it would take me to - literally and figuratively. Three years ago, I had no idea about the orphan crisis in the world. I had no idea 143 MILLION children across the globe are orphans. Children just sitting and waiting for their turn. I had no idea that when these children turned a certain age, they were just released, with no money, no family, no skills, and no place to go.
Nearly three years ago, I told my husband that there was NO way I would adopt. We would have our children the "regular" way. Then, I stumbeled across someone else's adoption story. Then, I met a little boy whose family had abandoned him, because he had medical issues. Finally, the idea stuck in my head and wouldn't leave me alone. I am so glad I listened to that voice. It has not been an easy road, but I have come out of it with a different view on life.
So here we are: my husband, myself, and our beautiful Russian tomboy (Stinka). Yes, that is a real nickname for her :) This begins our journey to our next child. There are only a handful of people who know that we will be committing to him, but in about 6 weeks, it will become public knowledge. Stinka needs surgery, so we will be waiting until she is out of the woods before we commit again. We are planning a very special way to tell everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated.